Parapro Testing and Information
When do you have to take a paraprofessional test to become a Paraprofessional (teacher's aide)? When:
- You are at least 19 years old*, AND
- Have a high school diploma or GED, AND
- Do not have an Associate degree and have completed less than 60 college credit hours**.
*18 year olds can qualify for a limited K-8 only Short Term Approval for Paraprofessionals beginning 01/01/2023
**If you have 60 or more hours of college credit you do not need the test but must complete everything else to obtain your IL license. That includes bringing in a sealed, official transcript or having an electronic transcript emailed directly from the college to our office staff. Courses under 100-level will not count towards the 60 hours.
Registration and Cost:
- Online with credit card = approximately $50.00, payment is processed through GoSignMeUp online.
- No spot will be reserved without payment at the time of registration.
- No refunds will be given. If you must cancel or if you are a no show, you will be allowed to reschedule one (1) time without having to repay.
- Typically we offer two test sessions per Wednesday (one morning session and one afternoon session).
- If the link shows there are no tickets (seats) available, you may go back and select another date.
- Click a link below to reserve your seat and pay for the test.
On your test date please bring the following items:
- your unexpired drivers license or official state identification,
- your high school diploma or transcript
- a credit or debit card to pay the $100.00 (+ convenience fee) for the paraprofessional license
- no scratch paper or pencils will be needed- we provide the approved materials for note-taking at the office
Sample questions and practice tests for the WorkKeys exams can be located here.
Reserve your Seat for Testing by Purchasing a Ticket (Click Date and Time):
* note that all tickets posted are for our new East Peoria office location, NOT Pekin*
WorkKeys Test Ticket: October 03, 9:00 a.m. - SOLD OUT
- Applying for the license requires a credit or debit card, and will cost $100, as well as a credit card processing fee. The application and fee are processed through the Illinois State Board of Education ELIS website.
- Registering the license once it is issued will cost an additional $25 (plus credit card processing fee) through the same ISBE website.