New Bus Drivers
- New bus drivers are required to participate in an eight-hour initial training course.
- Register for an Initial course (click links below) and submit payment to ROE #53, 414 Court St., Suite 100, Pekin, IL 61554
--- Cost is $10.00
---Personal or district check, cash, or money orders are accepted forms of payment (no credit/debit cards)
---Driver data will not be entered into the state system until the course is completed and payment has been received by ROE #53.
- Must be employed by bus company or school district.
- Full List of Eligibility Requirements - IL Secretary of State
- See List of Related Documents for Bus Driver Physical Form
- In accordance with Public Act 88-612, all school bus drivers are required to complete an annual refresher safety course before their school bus driver permit can be renewed. This course runs 2 hours.
- All fees are $10.00. Registration (click links below) and fees are due 4 days prior to class. Driver data will not be entered into the state system until the course is completed and payment has been received by ROE #53.
--Personal or district check, cash, or money orders are accepted forms of payment (no credit/debit cards)
- Drivers are responsible for providing their district or company a copy of their certification card.
Refresher Course Guidance for Renewal - 35 Ill. Reg. 7412 (April 2011)
- Your first refresher training after April 21, 2011 established what is known as your Annual Refresher Date.
--The very first Refresher course you take must be within 364 days of your Initial training date.
--The date of your first refresher establishes your Annual Refresher Date
- This date does not change anymore if you complete your refresher no more than 60 days prior to your Annual Refresher Date.
- BUT... if you complete your refresher more than 60 days prior to the annual date, that date will become your new Annual Refresher Date.
- BE CAREFUL... If you don't complete the refresher before your anniversary date, your bus permit expires and you cannot legally transport students. If you then go more than 30 days past your Annual Refresher Date without completing a refresher, you must retake the 8-hour Initial course and start from scratch with the process.
Driver verification will be input into the state system upon both successful course completion and cash, check or money order payable to ROE #53, 414 Court St., Suite 100, Pekin, IL 61554. Participants will be required to complete a registration form while at the class and sign a class roster verifying attendance.