Bus - Forms, Training & Transport Guides
New Bus Drivers
- New bus drivers are required to participate in an eight-hour initial training course.
- School district Transportation Directors are responsible for providing new drivers with the IL Professional School Bus Driver Training Manual (see "Transportation Guides" below) prior to their initial training course.
- Register for an Initial course (click links below) and submit payment to ROE #53, 2400 N. Main St. Ste. C, East Peoria IL, 61611
--- Cost is $10.00
---Personal or district check, cash, or money orders are accepted forms of payment (no credit/debit cards)
---Driver data will not be entered into the state system until the course is completed and payment has been received by ROE #53.
- Must be employed by bus company or school district.
- Full List of Eligibility Requirements - IL Secretary of State
- See List of Related Documents for Bus Driver Physical Form
- Initial courses may be cancelled on short notice if less than 10 drivers register for the class.
- In accordance with Public Act 88-612, all school bus drivers are required to complete an annual refresher safety course before their school bus driver permit can be renewed. This course runs 2 hours.
- All fees are $10.00. Registration (click links below) and fees are due 4 days prior to class. Driver data will not be entered into the state system until the course is completed and payment has been received by ROE #53.
--Personal or district check, cash, or money orders are accepted forms of payment (no credit/debit cards)
- Drivers are responsible for providing their district or company a copy of their certification card.
Refresher Course Guidance for Renewal - 35 Ill. Reg. 7412 (April 2011)
- Your first refresher training after April 21, 2011 established what is known as your Annual Refresher Date.
--The very first Refresher course you take must be within 364 days of your Initial training date.
--The date of your first refresher establishes your Annual Refresher Date
- This date does not change anymore if you complete your refresher no more than 60 days prior to your Annual Refresher Date.
- BUT... if you complete your refresher more than 60 days prior to the annual date, that date will become your new Annual Refresher Date.
- BE CAREFUL.. If you then go more than 30 days past your Annual Refresher Date without completing a refresher, you must retake the 8-hour Initial course and start from scratch with the process.
Driver verification will be input into the state system upon both successful course completion and cash, check or money order payable to ROE #53, 414 Court St., Suite 100, Pekin, IL 61554. Participants will be required to complete a registration form while at the class and sign a class roster verifying attendance.
Bus Driver Training Schedule
This option is not available at this time, drivers must register through the class link.
When registering 10 or more bus drivers for the same class, please fill out the "Master Bus Registration (Responses)" document below and email the completed spreadsheet (specifying which class the drivers will be attending) to firstname.lastname@example.org -and she will make sure that they are registered for the class. For less than 10 drivers, please use the "Registration" link below class dates below to register the drivers.
Courses may be cancelled on short notice if less than 10 drivers total register for the class
Please note bus rosters for initial and refresher classes are considered final 48 hours prior to the start of the class.